- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Incoming Mail Log provides insights to the internals internal statuses of the mail handlers. You can access the Incoming Mail Log from the app's administration page.
By opening the log, the following details are shown:
|From Address / Reporter|
|the sender of the email or the reporter of the issue related to the email|
|the email's subject|
|when the log was created|
actions that generated the log
actions that the
mail handler has taken
By expanding the log items you can reveal more details:
- Message ID: this is in extracted from the MESSAGE-ID header of the email that was processed
- Execution ID: this is a unique identifier of the course of actions related to this email
- Log: this is the detailed set of steps the mail handler has done or the reason why the email was filtered out.
Remove Items from the Log
Mail Entries of the Mail Handler log is permanent are permanently stored in the database, this is a kind of risk to increase . This poses a risk of increasing the size of the database dramatically.
To prevent this you can remove items in three entries from the log in one of the following ways:schedule an automatic purge process to bulk remove items manually remove multiple log items
- schedule an automatic purge process to bulk remove log entries that are over a certain age
Delete a Single Log ItemUse
You can use the Delete menu button to remove a single item from the log.:
To remove items multiple entries manually, click on the "Configure Purge" button in the page. This opens a form where the relevant field is Items to remove. This allows you to select the age of the log details entries to remove. Options include details emails older than 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.:
To actually remove the log detailsmail items, click the Purge Items Permanently button.Image Removed
Do not click on Save Settings if you do not want to schedule an automatic purge.
To remove items automatically, click on the "Configure Purge" button in the page.
This opens a form where there are two relevant fields to set are:
- Hours Hour to start at: specifies when the purge job is started carried out every day
- Items to remove: field allows you to select the age of the mail items to remove. Options include emails older than 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.
To schedule the job, click Save Settings.
Search the Log
As the Incoming Mail Log may grow fast, you can use the search function to find particular items a search function is available. Click the Search button (marked with a magnifier icon) to open the search form.:
The available search fields are as follows:
free-text search over the sender, message id, log text and email subject
|search for items added in the last X days|
|search for items of the selected Category|
|search for items of the selected Result|
|maximum number of items to show|