- Create a mail handler and set issue type (A) for creation
- Set a strategy create issue or comment
- Set saving of sender to custom field (O)
- Create issue (Z) manually for issue type (B)
- Create issue (Y) manually for issue type (A)
- Send email (H) with key in email's subject to issue (Z)
- Send email (J) with key in email's subject to issue (Y)
- Comments are created on comments tab for both
- No record on email tab of issue (Z) for email (H), but Issue (Y) has record on email tab for email (J)
- It is not filled custom field (O) on issue (Z) for email (H), but it is set custom field (O) on issue (Y) for email (J)
To my understanding it is a bug so it should be independent to of (A) especially
if it is not context setup in such version and or if it is fixed it should be
indicated how this work on JETI Confluence.
It is under investigation if Acknowledge emails (auto-reply) functionality are not affected also.
Is there any public roadmap? To recognize when new version is released.
Just for info auto-reply is affected also.
we have investigated it again and we think this is not a bug.
Mail Handler Context is resolved for the issue's project and type. The issue Z is of type B. The Mail Handler Context is configured with type A. This means that the Mail Handler Context for Type A is not applicable for issue Z. Therefore the Email Log or the custom fields are not populated.
You can do two things.
1. Remove the Type A setting from the Mail Handler Context. This turns the context to match all types in the project. Therefore issue Z will be handled correctly.
2. Create a duplicate context for Type B
I recommend the first one because you may receive emails for all types in the project. This means you should create a Context that covers all types in the project. As I wrote, simply remove the type A setting from the context.
The rules of Context Resolution apply to Mail Handler Contexts as well. See our docs for Context resolution: http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Contexts#
Hmm... but there is needed to handle one other type differently than other types and additionally this could be from other source ... in any case that even if it is selected any type in context it is affect other issues so as I suggest that that is really needed then.